Becoming Outstanding 2016-17
The Hackney Teaching Schools’ Alliance is offering this practical course for teachers in their second or third year of teaching to ensure that, after a successful NQT year, they are supported to hone their classroom skills and develop from good to outstanding practitioners. By harnessing the professional learning techniques we know impact most in the classroom; peer observation, self-reflection and collaboration, teachers will work together to explore best practice and define what outstanding teaching and learning really looks like. Primary teachers should sign up for the full course. Secondary teachers are invited to attend Session 3 alongside primary colleagues. This session will culminate in a Teach Meet.
Session 1: What Makes Outstanding; Starters? - Primary teachers
· Course overview and commitment required
· What makes outstanding? – a look at the Ofsted Criteria
· Teach more , talk less
· Outstanding starters and questioning
· Planning an outstanding starter
Session 2: What Makes Outstanding; Differentiation, Plenaries and Quality Feedback? - Primary teachers
· Inclusion - activities and resources that stretch and challenge children with SEN or more able learners
· Planning an outstanding differentiated independent activity for the full range of learners in the classroom
· Outstanding feedback and the use of pupil voice
· Outstanding Plenaries – the importance of reviewing learning
· Preparation for Teach Meet
Session 3: Teaching Backwards plus twilight Teach Meet - Primary and Secondary teachers
· The day will be presented by the author of ‘Teaching Backwards’ - Mark Burns. Drawing upon the learning from his bestselling publication, it will focus on unpicking, analysing and then most importantly providing time for teachers to apply ‘thinking steps’ to planning for progression through a module of learning or topic.
· Session 3 will serve as an introduction to Mark’s approach for secondary teachers whilst building on the work of previous sessions for primary teachers.
· Teachers will need to bring along modules they have planned as well as modules they need to plan.
· Teachers will finish the day presenting at the HTSA Teach Meet
Session 4, 5 and 6: What will it involve?
· Observing outstanding lessons in your school
· Peer coaching with a Specialist Leader of Education
A 6 DAY COURSE – 3 TAUGHT SESSIONS
Session 1: 7 March 2017
Session 2: 28 March 2017
Session 3: 13 June 2017
c/o Clapton Girls’ Academy
London E5 0RD
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Full course - Primary teachers in their second or third year of teaching.
Session 3 including Teach Meet – Primary and Secondary teachers
To embed effective teaching and learning strategies in classroom practice.
Full Course - £ 600 per delegate (reduced rates for HTSA members).
Session 3 only - (£100). Teach Meet only – free of charge
HOW TO BOOK?
To attend courses, collaborate with us on school improvement or request bespoke support contact HTSA on: 020 89856641 ext 265, email us at email@example.com or visit www.hackneytsa.org.uk and complete an online booking form.
For further information please use our enquiry form or contact: