The HTSA are delighted to work in partnership with the University of Cumbria (UoC) one of the largest providers of teacher training in Europe to bring you our highly successful School Direct Programme.
Do you have a degree of 2:2 or above?
Are you either a recent graduate, a potential career changer or returning to work after having children?
Then the HTSA School Direct Programme is an exciting opportunity for you to consider!
School Direct is a school-led training course which allows you the opportunity to learn 'on the job', obtain a PGCE, Masters Credits and Qualified Teaching status. You will work as part of a 'teaching team' from day one, learning from practising colleagues so that you can immediately put your training and skills into practice.
Why choose the 'HTSA' School Direct Programme?
Because we are a unique, creative and nurturing group of professionals who have a long standing and recognised impact on education in Hackney!
Because our School Direct programme has been running for many years and is very well known and respected.
Because trainees are placed in one of 13 Alliance schools across the borough for the majority of their training and will complete 'partner' placements in other neighbouring schools to gain additional experience.
Who leads our first-rate training?
Kingsmead Primary School; named 'Creative School of the Year' in March 2012 by Hackney Learning Trust and an 'Outstanding' rated primary school by OFSTED in 2011/12. N.B. Primary applicants must note Kingsmead as the lead school on their UCAS application.
Clapton Girls' Academy: an outstanding secondary school with a sustained record of excellence in provision and outcomes.
Gayhurst Primary School; a diverse community school who ensure that every child succeeds to the best of their ability and receives a broad and balanced education.
University of Cumbria; have a history of educating professionals dating back over 150 years. They are our partners in providing you with this excellent course which involves one day per week (term time only) at our professional learning hub.
Need a few more reasons to choose us? How about these:
- Bespoke training planned and delivered by exceptional Specialist Leaders in Education along with high quality Subject Leaders
- All delegates are provided with a highly trained and experienced in-school mentor
- Outstanding pastoral support is provided through weekly personal tutorial meetings
- Opportunity to train in one of our exceptional alliance schools
- An additional engaging EYFS experience in an outstanding early years setting
- An OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ Secondary school experience
- A unique secondary school experience at Stormont House special school
- Opportunity to take part in Creativity Week as part of the training programme - follow the link for a short video http://www.hackneytsa.org.uk/reserach-development/cultural-education
- 100% pass rate
- 100% of trainees have secured full-time teaching roles on completion of our course
- Begin your teaching career with the HTSA and continue along the pathway which includes the highly sucessful programmes: NQT, Good to Outstanding (for teachers in thier second an third year
Here are our current training programmes for PRIMARY:
Salaried Course Code 33RG - General Primary KS1&2
Candidates with a minimum of 1 year paid experience in a UK primary classroom with a minimum 2:2 degree will be considered.
Unsalaried Course Code 33RH - General Primary KS1&2
Candidates with some paid experience in a primary classroom with a minimum 2:2 degree will be considered.
And here, for SECONDARY:
There are currently vacancies at Clapton Girls’ Academy for School Direct (unsalaried route)
Unsalaried Secondary Course Codes:
33BW - Chemistry
2VG3 - Computing
33BV - Design and Technology
2HH9 - English
33BX - Geography
2HH6 - Mathematics
33BT - Modern Languages
2HFC - Physics
Get personalised help and support to start your career in teaching:
Entry requirements and applying for our School Direct Programme:
Applications should be made through UCAS Teaching Training using the ‘Apply' system found here: www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training. N.B. please remember to note Kingsmead if you are applying for primary phase and Clapton Girls' Academy if applying for secondary phase.
For any further enquiries about School Direct please email:
Lisa Clarke, Primary Programme Lead: email@example.com
Natalie Prudhoe, Secondary Programme Lead: NPrudhoe@clapton.hackney.sch.uk
General enquiries: 020 89856641 ext 265