The HTSA are delighted to work in partnership with the University of Cumbria (UoC) one of the largest providers of teacher training in Europe to bring you our successful School Direct Programme.
Do you have a degree of 2:2 or above and are either a recent graduate, a potential career changer or returning to work after having children? Then the HTSA School Direct Programme is an exciting opportunity for you to consider.
School Direct is a school-led training course which allows you the opportunity to learn 'on the job' in a school setting and obtain a PGCE, Masters Credits and Qualified Teaching status. You will work as part of a 'teaching team' from day one – similar to student medics in a hospital – learning from experience with practicing colleagues so that you may immediately put your training and skills into practice.
Why choose the 'HTSA' School Direct Programme?
We are a unique, creative and nurturing group of professionals who have a long standing and recognised impact in education in Hackney. Our School Direct programme has been running for many years and is very well known and respected. Trainees are placed in one of our many alliance schools across the borough for the majority of their training and will complete 'partner' placements in other neighbouring schools to gain additional experience. Our training is run and led by:
Kingsmead Primary School; named 'Creative School of the Year' in March 2012 by Hackney Learning Trust and an 'Outstanding' rated primary school by OFSTED in 2011/12. N.B. Primary applicants must note Kingsmead as the lead school on their UCAS application.
Gayhurst Primary School; a diverse community school who ensure that every child succeeds to the best of their ability and receives a broad and balanced education.
University of Cumbria; have a history of educating professionals dating back over 150 years. They are our partners in providing you with this excellent course which involves one day per week (term time only) at our professional learning hub.
A few more reasons why you should join us over another provider:
- Bespoke training planned and delivered by exceptional Specialist Leaders in Education along with high quality Subject Leaders
- Training sessions based one day a week at our learning hub
- All delegates are provided with a highly trained and experienced in-school mentor
- Outstanding pastoral support is provided through weekly personal tutorial meetings
- Opportunity to train in one of our exceptional alliance schools
- An additional engaging EYFS experience in a outstanding early years setting
- An OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ Secondary school experience.
- A unique secondary school experience at Stormont House special school
- Opportunity to take part in Creativity Week as part of the training programme - follow the link for a short video http://www.hackneytsa.org.uk/reserach-development/cultural-education
- 100% pass rate
- 100% of trainees have secured full-time teaching roles on completion of our course
- Begin your teaching career with the HTSA and continue along the pathway which includes the highly sucessful programmes: NQT, Good to Outstanding (for teachers in thier second an third year), and NPQML
- Bursaries are avalible for non-salaried places
Here are the Hackney Teaching Schools' Alliance training programmes currently on offer for primary:
Salaried Course Code 33RG - General Primary KS1&2
Candidates with a minimum of 1 year paid experience in a UK primary classroom with a minimum 2:2 degree will be considered.
Unsalaried Course Code 33RH - General Primary KS1&2
Candidates with some paid experience in a primary classroom with a minimum 2:2 degree will be considered.
Unsalaried Secondary Course Code:
There are currently vacancies at Clapton Girls’ Academy for School Direct (unsalaried route).
33BW - Chemistry
2VG3 - Computing
33BV - Design and Technology
2HH9 - English
33BX - Geography
2HH6 - Mathematics
33BT - Modern Languages
2HFC - Physics
Get personalised help and support to start your career in teaching:
Entry requirements and applying for our School Direct Programme:
Click here to view UCAS entry requirements. Applications should be made through UCAS Teaching Training using the ‘Apply” system found here www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training. N.B. please remember to note Kingsmead if you are applying for primary phase and Clapton Girls' Academy when applying for secondary phase.
For any further enquiries about School Direct please email:
Lisa Clarke, Primary Programme Lead: email@example.com
Nicole Perkins, Secondary Programme Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: 020 89856641 ext 265