TRAIN TO TEACH
On the job training with School Direct.
We work in partnership with the University of Cumbria (UoC), one of the largest providers of teacher training in Europe, to bring you our highly successful School Direct Programme.
Do you have a degree of 2:2 or above?
Are you either a recent graduate, a potential career changer or returning to work after having children?
Then the HTSA School Direct Programme is an exciting opportunity for you to consider!
School Direct is a school-led training course which allows you the opportunity to learn 'on the job', obtain a PGCE, Masters Credits and Qualified Teaching status. You will work as part of a 'teaching team' from day one, learning from practising colleagues so that you can immediately put your training and skills into practice.
Who leads our first-rate training?
Kingsmead Primary School
Named 'Creative School of the Year' in March 2012 by Hackney Learning Trust and an 'Outstanding' rated primary school by OFSTED in 2011/12. N.B. Primary applicants must note Kingsmead as the lead school on their UCAS application.
Clapton Girls' Academy
An outstanding secondary school with a sustained record of excellence in provision and outcomes.
Gayhurst Primary School
A diverse community school who ensure that every child succeeds to the best of their ability and receives a broad and balanced education.
University of Cumbria
The University of Cumbria has a history of educating professionals dating back over 150 years. They are our partners in providing you with this excellent course which involves one day per week (term time only) at our professional learning hub.
Why choose the 'HTSA' School Direct Programme?
- We are a unique, creative and nurturing group of professionals who have a long standing and recognised impact on education in Hackney.
- Our School Direct programme has been running for many years and is very well known and respected.
- Trainees are placed in one of 13 Alliance schools across the borough for the majority of their training and will complete 'partner' placements in other neighbouring schools to gain additional experience.
Need a few more reasons to choose us?
- Bespoke training planned and delivered by exceptional Specialist Leaders in Education along with high quality Subject Leaders.
- All delegates are provided with a highly trained and experienced in-school mentor.
- Outstanding pastoral support is provided through weekly personal tutorial meetings.
- Opportunity to train in one of our exceptional alliance schools.
- An additional engaging EYFS experience in an outstanding early years setting.
- An OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ Secondary school experience.
- A unique secondary school experience at Stormont House special school.
- Opportunity to take part in Creativity Week as part of the training programme.
- 100% pass rate.
- 100% of trainees have secured full-time teaching roles on completion of our course.
- Begin your teaching career with the HTSA and continue along the pathway which includes the highly successful programmes: NQT, Good to Outstanding (for teachers in their second an third year.